New Zealand is now at Red setting. The traffic lights (COVID-19 Protection Framework) protect Aotearoa New Zealand from COVID-19, while allowing people with My Vaccine Pass more freedoms.
Key points at Red:
- Red is not a lockdown, but there are restrictions to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- You will always be able to access basic needs services, such as food and healthcare.
- You can travel anywhere in New Zealand for any reason, and see friends and whānau.
- You must wear a face mask on flights, public transport, and taxis, in retail shops and public venues, and in health and education facilities.
- With My Vaccine Pass, most parts of life continue as usual. You can visit cafes and bars, attend gatherings and events, and go to the hairdresser and gym. There are capacity limits and distancing requirements at some venues.
- Without My Vaccine Pass, there are restrictions.
- Workplaces and schools are open.
- Keep scanning QR codes and recordkeeping wherever you go.
- Keep physically distanced wherever possible.
- If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, isolate immediately and call Healthline for advice.