The ESNZ Eventing Board is seeking expressions of interest for an appointed Board member, with responsibility for the Sponsorship and Commercialisation portfolio, to join their Board for a three-year term.
This is a fantastic opportunity to combine your sport, business and governance experience with your interest in developing the future of Eventing and Equestrian Sport in New Zealand.
The ESNZ Eventing discipline board is responsible to the ESNZ National Board for the governance of the Eventing in New Zealand, including its financial sustainability, and the organisation, promotion and growth of the sport. The board consists of: three elected members, two appointed members, one Rider Representative member and one Organising Committee Representative member.
The current vacancy has arisen due to rotation and the incumbent Board member has advised they will not be re-standing.
Working closely with the Eventing Sport Manager, the Sponsorship and Commercialisation portfolio holder will apply their specialist knowledge to:
- Develop and implement a sponsorship plan that grows and develops our partnerships. Ensure value delivery for our sponsors by identifying opportunities for Sponsors to engage and to strengthen our ability to connect commercial and Eventing audiences.
- Create sponsorship proposals for our Board-owned assets and negotiate contracts. Profile the Eventing community to provide a clear picture of the audience we can provide sponsors access to. Our current assets include:
- Eventing Series
- NZ Three Day Championships
- Oceania Teams
- Development Camps
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our sponsors. Support Sports Manager to deliver sponsor servicing and value, including attending key events to host sponsors.
- Work in partnership with NZ3DE Subcommittee and Organising Committees hosting other key events, to support and strengthen the sport’s value proposition. Work in partnership with ESNZ to support delivery of their sponsorship arrangements.
If deemed beneficial, develop and lead a sub-committee/working group to support the work of the sponsorship portfolio.
In general, the Board agenda during this term is likely to focus on:
- Alignment of the sport’s strategic focus with ESNZ new statement of strategic intent, and the development of annual governance work plans
- Ensuring the sport is sustainably resourced – physical, financial and personnel
- Ensure a robust competitive environment at all levels for New Zealand riders
- Support the sport transition to the new ESNZ constitution (once finalised)
All Board members need to: demonstrate governance knowledge and leadership, apply a future-focused mindset, understand confidentiality, contribute to highly functional board dynamics and be able to work collaboratively within a high trust environment.
Ideally you will bring governance skills and experience in community sport, along with your networks and skills that will add value to the Board and governance leadership of the sport.
Appointment & tenure
The term is for three years from the July AGM, with the option to stand for further term/s.
An estimated commitment of at least two days per month for preparation and attendance at six in person Board meetings per year and alternating monthly evening online meetings, and leadership or participation in portfolio, working group or subcommittee activities.
Voluntary – all reasonable meeting related expenses are covered by ESNZ Eventing.
The closing date for applications is Friday 25 May 2023.
To view the Role Description, please click here
To express interest in the role please email a cover letter and governance CV to:
Hayley Pickmere, Eventing Sport Manager
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 027 379 3643
For further information on the role please contact:
Raewyn Eastwood, Eventing Chair
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 021 021 223 23