Richmond Saddlery York Corporation InterIsland Youth Dressage Challenge Round 1
South Island Dressage Championships – Richmond Saddlery InterIsland Young Rider York Corporation Challenge 26th /28th Jan 2018, McLeans Island NEC Christchurch
Applications are sought from young riders (16 -25yrs as at 1st Jan 2018) to be part of a North Island team at the South Island Dressage Champs in January 2018.
Riders will be provided loan horses/ponies and selected from the applications on combination suitability of the mounts available. Level ridden will be dependent on the rider experience and grade of the horse or pony.
Riders ideally need to be available in Christchurch from 24th-28th January.
Administrative assistance with accommodation will be provided on selection.
Please send a brief 1 page application, including contact details, competition experience from 1/1/16 and why you would like to be part of this team!
Questions and applications to Julia Thomson, SI YR Convenor by 027 509 1972, email@example.com by 26th Nov 2017.
CAN YOU HELP?
- Loan horses/ponies are required for the Richmond Saddlery York Corporation InterIsland Youth Dressage Challenge Round 1 to be held at the South Island Dressage Champs Jan 26th / 28th January 2018.
- The second round will be held at the National U25 Championships April 21/22 2018 at Taupo NEC.
- Capable of competing 3-4 tests over 2 days at a relevant level of the mount.
- ESNZ current registration (preferably) as the challenge will contested in graded competition.
- Mounts may stay at McLeans Island over the weekend dependent on specific requirements (at no cost to the owner).
- Riders will be Dressage NZ selected competitive young riders (16-25 yrs). North Island riders will be selected to provide the best combination/suitability from available mounts to represent a North Island team.
- All due care will be taken and owners are encouraged to be part of the support crew.
A fabulous opportunity to support and encourage national competition for our NZ Dressage youth riders, if you have a horse or pony you think may be suitable please contact Julia Thomson – DNZ SI Young Rider Convenor 0275091972, firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.