Para-Equestrian Sport Rules
Updated rules come into effect on the 1st October 2018
There are a couple of new rules we would like to draw your attention to:
- Article 126.5 – Age limits. There are no age limits for national competition.
- Article 140.18.5 – At Local events for Grade I only, unregistered lead rein classes or riders being led in a combined grade class may be permitted only where the OC can safely accommodate. At all other events riders must ride independently.
- Combination Qualification for National Pinnacle Events (Nationals & HOY) is now required – article 137.4.
- Defining requirements and prize guides for running para events – article 144.4
- New Safety article that replaces the former Safety Standards annex, combining all relevant safety rules into one article for ease of reference.
- Riders responsibility to know the difference between allowed gear from National rules to FEI – Article 122.
Note also that Article 127.3 Riding in a higher grade will stay as is for the current season but will align to the FEI rule which does not allow riding in a higher grade from 1 August 2018.
There are a few new rules and some that have been amended or deleted, these are also attached in the ‘changes to ESNZ PE rules’ document for ease of reference.