General Manager – Community & Participation, Equestrian Sports New Zealand
- National Sport Organisation – Olympic Sport!
- Strategic leadership and programme management
- Lead and grow the equestrian community in NZ
- Location flexible within NZ (Wellington preferred)
Equestrian Sports New Zealand (ESNZ) is the National Sport Organisation for equestrian disciplines of Eventing, Jumping & Show Hunter, Dressage, Endurance & CTR, and Para Equestrian. ESNZ exists for the equestrian community to participate in organised, safe and inspiring recreational and competitive equestrian sport experiences ‘Pony to Podium’.
Reporting directly to the CEO the GM of Community & Participation’s core responsibility is the strategic leadership and management of ESNZ Communities and communities’ participation. This role is critical to leading and growing the Equestrian “community” to become an open, modern, and accessible sport. Enhancing the reputation of ESNZ, leading from a strong values base, setting and delivering the programmes and initiatives that support the delivery of quality experiences for all people (riders, coaches, officials, parents etc) engaged in the Equestrian Community to the highest expectations are key aspects of the role.
A trusted advisor to the CEO, this role will encourage entities across the Equestrian community to work in collaboration, with clear responsibilities and strategies based on data-led insights.
More specifically, the role will:
- lead the development and implementation of programmes and initiatives that support the delivery of quality experiences for all participants (riders, coaches, officials, parents etc) engaged in the Equestrian Community, ensuring clear measurements for success are in place;
- oversee the successful development and implementation of a Strategy focused on the incorporation of Rangatahi voice into the ESNZ delivery model;
- lead the implementation of critical system enhancements that will support members in achieving their aspirations. These include Coach and Official development, Facilities Strategy and evolving competition structures that support quality experiences for all participants.
To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated success in a senior leadership role within busines, sport or similar that has achieved increased capacity for participation, preferably on a national level. You will have the ability to manage competing priorities and activities with the commercial nous to plan, coordinate and drive the implementation of projects that are on time, on budget and meet strategic targets.
As a strategic and visionary leader, a proven background in engaging and influencing people is essential, with the communication and negotiation skills required to build relationships, advocate, inspire and elicit cooperation from a diverse range of key stakeholders (internal and external), creating win/win outcomes.
A passion/understanding of Equestrian sports, for learning & development, sport, and communities would be looked upon favourably.
How to Apply
Please note Sportspeople Recruitment will commence screening and interviewing for this role immediately. If you are intending to apply, please do so now.
Applications close: 5pm Friday 28 January, 2022 – we reserve the right to close the role early if sufficient merit applications are received.
Application Format: Candidates must complete and submit the COMPULSORY Sportspeople Recruitment Application Form (attached to this advertisement) at the time of applying. The Form contains questions against which we require your specific response prior to considering your application. Sportspeople Recruitment prefers a 2 page letter of introduction and a CV of no more than 6 pages, merged into the Application Form as one MS Word file.
In the first instance general enquiries should be directed to Karen Good on +64 (0) 212 319 602, or FREECALL NZ 0800 634 388 or +61 2 9555 5000.
The GM Community & Participation, Equestrian Sports New Zealand search and recruitment process is being managed exclusively by Sportspeople Recruitment – a specialist division of People Recruitment Group.