VACANCY – EVENTING SPORT MANAGER
Do you have knowledge of Eventing or the sport of equestrian? Or are you just a natural born champion and leader?
Eventing is an exciting action-packed discipline with a rich Olympic and World Equestrian Games history and a total of 16 medals gained on the world stage.
All those riders started their journey here in New Zealand and this role is focused on developing our grassroots and competition pathway.
We are looking for someone to join us. This is a significate role, administering more than 40 CCN/CCI/express/twilight and mini eventing activities per annum and supporting external stakeholders including, members, organising and area committees, sponsors and the Eventing Board and its committees.
This role would suit someone who likes to be busy, is able to manage a number of tasks all at the same time and has a high level of administrative experience.
ABOUT EQUESTRIAN SPORTS NEW ZEALAND
Equestrian Sports New Zealand (ESNZ) is the umbrella body of the five major equestrian sports disciplines in New Zealand – Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Showjumping and Para-equestrian. It is responsible for promoting all equine activity in New Zealand across the five disciplines as well as managing the global high-performance programmes across these five disciplines including equestrian representation at the Olympics and World games.
The purpose of this role is to be the champion and leader of the discipline of Eventing competition in New Zealand.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A passion/understanding of Eventing or Equestrian sport (desirable but not essential)
- High level of administrative experience
- Proficient with Microsoft office, Website and Database systems
- Project management
- Event management
- The ability to inspire, empower and develop others
- Perseverance, resilience and ability to balance relationship / outcome focus
- Willingness to take ownership and be held accountable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work seasonal variations to get the job done
- Passion for learning and development, sport, and communities
This is an exciting role that doesn’t come up that often as the role of Sport Manager is usually more than a job to the successful candidate.
For further information about this role please see the position description.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 14 January 2022 and can be emailed to [email protected]