The ESNZ High Performance Eventing is calling for applications for the Talent Identification (ID) Squad for 2022 – applications close Monday 28 February 2022 and should include the Rider’s recent performance record.
The Talent Identification squad is an opportunity for younger riders to be introduced to new skills that will develop them as eventing riders. The Talent ID Programme provides four squad camps per year, one yard visit and one-off horse camp.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
• Be between the ages of 17-23 as at 1 January 2022; and be
• Currently competing at CCI2*-S or CCI2*-L with at least one MER achieved; (Note: as a result of the disrupted 2021 Spring season, applicants have until 1 May 2022 to obtain the above-mentioned MER required)
In addition, our selectors will be looking for riders that demonstrate the following:
• have a well-rounded approach to riding and display skill and talent;
• show good horsemanship;
• have the ability to ride in good rhythm and balance in all 3 phases;
• are physically fit and willing to learn;
• are beginning to take ownership of their performance;
• are able to make change; and
• act in accordance with ESNZ Constitution, Regulations, the Code of Conduct and other ESNZ policies.
The Eventing Selectors will consider applicants that meet the above criteria and may contact you for a further discussion and/or watch you compete at competitions. Please be clear in your application what your Future Eventing aspirations are and how/what you are going to do in order to make these happen.
A subsidised selection camp will be held for chosen riders, prior to the New Zealand Three Day Event Champs (NZ3DE) in Taupo, before the final selection is made, and the squad is announced, after the NZ3DE.
Click the link below to obtain the application form and then please submit your completed application form to the High Performance Operations Manager, Warrick Allan, [email protected] by 28 February 2022.
Please note – current TID squad members need not reapply.