Dressage New Zealand Youth Council
The Youth Council was formed following the successful youth forum at the 2020 U25 Youth Festival of Dressage. During the forum, youth riders were separated into groups to collect ideas on the future of the sport. A member from each group was chosen to present the ideas to the wider group. This included the development of a permanent Youth Council.
Inspired by Netball New Zealand’s youth council, the Dressage NZ Board invited these representatives to be a part of an inaugural youth advocacy group. Since then, these members have worked hard on developing the proposals for establishing the DNZYC. They presented these proposals at the 2021 Youth Festival and at the Dressage New Zealand AGM 2021 where area group dressage delegates unanimously voted to establish the DNZYC.
In the first year, the Dressage NZ Board has invited the four founder members to form the basis of the inaugural council. They are:
- Lucarne Dolley
- Rebecca Mobberley
- Alyssa Harrison
- Piper Crake
Goal of DNZYC
Our goal is to increase youth participation and enjoyment in the sport of dressage. We want to make the sport of dressage more inclusive of all young riders and to promote a safe environment for young riders to learn and grow.
- To create a safe space that allows U25 riders to learn and grow when involved with dressage.
- To encourage more grass roots participation in dressage.
- To promote opportunities for the development of young rider friendships.
- To promote the knowledge and development of all U25 riders, and to give them the opportunity to interact with experts in different fields to help improve their enjoyment of dressage.
- To work alongside Dressage New Zealand to create a youth performance pathway, as well as more youth competitions and opportunities at an international level, including CDIs.
Youth Council Application Form Applications Close 8 November
Area Dressage Groups appoint Area Youth Council representatives and notify DNZ