ESNZ Eventing has received an invitation from the Tintern Grammar School in Victoria, Australia to send a team of Inter-School Riders to compete on borrowed horses in the 19th Annual Victorian Inter-Schools Horse Trials Championships at Wandin Park, Victoria, 27-28 April 2019.
ESNZ Eventing would like to invite members who are school students, less than 18 years of age at the date of the competition (27 April 2019) to indicate their interest by completing the expression of interest form.
Selected riders will compete as a team;
- At the 19th Annual Victorian Inter-School Horse Trials Championships @ Wandin Park 27-28 April 2019;
- On borrowed horses;
- At one level below what they currently compete at in New Zealand (this is an Equestrian Australia rule);
- Levels of competition are; EvA80 (CCN80), EvA95 (CCN95), CCN1*, CCN2*
- Day 1 – Dressage and Jumping clinic with Will Enzinger at Wandin Park (to get to know the borrowed horses and up skill)
- Day 2 – Cross Country Clinic and in-house International Competition between the international teams, with Will Enzinger at Wandin Park on the “Tintern XC-Course”
- Day 3 & 4 – Tintern Grammar Competition. International teams participate in the Show Jumping and Dressage (combined training), against each other and an Australian team made up of 4 riders from various schools who placed in the top of previous Interschool HT events in VIC at a specific level.
The NZ team, and other international teams, will not participate in the Cross Country test of the official event at Wandin due to EA rules preventing inter-school competitors from riding XC on borrowed horses. For this reason, the teams have the XC clinic over the same course the day before the competition (Day 2)
This is a self-funded Teams event and selected riders will be required to meet the costs of the tour at an estimate of between $1500 – $1800 AUD per person, excluding airfares.
The Show Organising Committee will provide the following:
- Borrowed Horses
- Accommodation for riders and coach
- Transport to and from Airport
The Riders/Coach will be responsible for:
- Return airfares to Melbourne
ESNZ Eventing will provide administration support and a uniform for the selected riders.
Interested riders/chef-coaches are required to complete the appropriate Expression of Interest (EOI) form and return to [email protected] by 5:00pm Monday 18 March 2019.
Please note that the final team selection and decision to proceed with this team is at the discretion of the ESNZ Eventing Board and Selectors.