2013 Prime Minister’s Athlete Scholarship Programme
ESNZ advises that applications for 2013 Prime Minister’s Athlete Scholarships (PMAS) are now open and with applications closing on the 1st December 2012. Click the following link to make you application online: 2013 PMAS Application
As in previous years there are clearly identified, specific criteria that applicants for a PMAS must meet in order to be considered for a PMAS to assist with the costs of tertiary study while maintaining elite sport training and competition:
1. Level 1 & 2 carded athletes Rugby and Cricket (up to 20 scholarships allocated per sport).
2. Level 3 and 4 carded athletes
3. Athletes from Sports which are in receipt of Performance Enhancement Grants from HPSNZ.
4. Athletes identified through high performance investment to have the potential to impact SPARC and HPSNZ’s high performance mission.
5. Athletes who are likely to become carded within the next six months and have been identified in their NSO HP pathway (where applicable) and as agreed with HPSNZ and SPARC.
On this basis, if you are not currently involved in an ESNZ High Performance Squad then unfortunately ESNZ will not be able to endorse your application. PMAS are only available for those riders that have been identified through the ESNZ High Performance Programme as having the potential to impact on HPSNZ’s high performance mission.
If you have any questions or are not sure if you qualify please contact:
Warrick Allan, High Performance Operations Manager
PH: 04 499 8994